End-of-Semester Summary
This semester was nothing like any of us expected. A virus plaguing the world and forcing countries into lockdown, I'm sure, was the one thing we thought we didn't have to worry about. But as life likes to have it, we can only expect the unexpected, and I can definitely say that these last four months or so have been eye-opening for me.
Prior to taking this course, I had absolutely no idea what I wanted to pursue after college. In my three years as an undergraduate, I've studied science, computer science, journalism, and although I am somewhat interested in all three, none convinced me enough to pursue fully.
This changed after taking my first film class. I've never really given the film industry much thought because although I enjoy some movies every once in a while, I'm not an avid cinema-nerd that knows almost every movie and director out there. In fact, if my life depended on naming just three directors off the bat... I would definitely die.
Despite this, after having the opportunity to work with a camera and editing my own footage this semester, I was taken by surprise how much I enjoyed myself while filming/editing. I loved every minute of the creative process and watching other people's work and seeing how they put together their imagination and creativity to create something.
Because of this introductory class, I was able to make my path clearer, even if just a little. And although I still have a ton to learn, I feel excited to work on future projects whether it is for another film class, for fun, or for a future job.
Prior to taking this course, I had absolutely no idea what I wanted to pursue after college. In my three years as an undergraduate, I've studied science, computer science, journalism, and although I am somewhat interested in all three, none convinced me enough to pursue fully.
This changed after taking my first film class. I've never really given the film industry much thought because although I enjoy some movies every once in a while, I'm not an avid cinema-nerd that knows almost every movie and director out there. In fact, if my life depended on naming just three directors off the bat... I would definitely die.
Despite this, after having the opportunity to work with a camera and editing my own footage this semester, I was taken by surprise how much I enjoyed myself while filming/editing. I loved every minute of the creative process and watching other people's work and seeing how they put together their imagination and creativity to create something.
Because of this introductory class, I was able to make my path clearer, even if just a little. And although I still have a ton to learn, I feel excited to work on future projects whether it is for another film class, for fun, or for a future job.
Comments
Post a Comment