Creative Statement
As a newbie to the artistic side of life, I am still learning about the different forms art can take and developing my style. When I think of the art I want to create, I pretty much come up blank. I don't want to limit my potential by putting some of my interests into a list that is ever-changing. However, one thing I know for sure is that I don't want my work to be defined by ideas or certain expectations of art. I don't want people to classify my work as abstract, avant-garde, paradoxical, or any other fancy words that seem to be the highest compliments in art. Instead, I want people to look at my art and think of Kenia. In whichever way my art decides to express itself, the only thing I wish for it to convey is me. What I like and what stimulates me as opposed to what I think will generate a reaction from others. I wish for future audiences of my art (if any) to know that if even for a split second they connected to my art, they connected to me as well. Not as an artist, but as one person among 7 billion others.
~Kenia
~Kenia
Comments
Post a Comment