Define a Place: Production Plan

     For this first assignment, my partner and I chose to film Church of St. Vincent Ferrer, located near Hunter College. I thought this was an interesting choice of location because many emotions and energy can be caught in this type of place even without much action or talking. It sort of just speaks for itself.

     When I start filming this location, I'd like to take viewers on a full on experience. First I'd film the outside of the church to highlight its architecture. With this shot I can also get some activity of people walking in and out of the church. Other possible shots I can take is of the inside of the church. A still shot of holy water while the water still ripples, a back shot of people sitting on the benches, head bowed. A focused shot of Jesus on the cross from a low and far angle, candles flickering, closeup shots of inside decor like stained glass, depictions of angles, the organ, etc.

     An emotion I'd like to focus on in my shots is a sense of respect. Whether the viewer of the film is a believer or not, just acknowledging that many of us humans depend on faith wholeheartedly, just like others from different religions do, to get them through life.

Comments

Popular Posts